A Veganuary month journey with The Plantbase Store on the 15th day.
Are you ready for the 15th Vegenuary month ? If you are ready then let's go to the 15th day menu of The Plantbase store. In the spirit of simplicity, easy to do but still nutritious. The following dishes will provide enough energy for your long day without spending too much time.
Breakfast: Vegan Breakfast Hash
- 3 Medium Potatoes, diced
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- 230g Mushrooms
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to Top
- Cooking diced potatoes in a large pan and medium heat with 2 tbsp vegan cooking oil. Cover the pan and cook potatoes for about 10 minutes or until they begin to crisp and are softer
- Chop others ingredients such as yellow onion, bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms into small pieces. During cooking these ingredients, remember to seasoning with the spices. Give it a good stir and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
Lunch: Vegan Pesto Pasta
- 12 g packed fresh basil (large stems removed)
- 13g pine nuts or walnuts
- 13 g cloves garlic (peeled)
- 75 ml lemon juice
- 5 g nutritional yeast
- A pinch of sea salt
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Put the basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt to a blender with high speed until a loose paste forms.
- Add olive oil a little at a time and scrape down sides as needed. Then add 1 Tbsp water at a time until the desired consistency is reached – a thick but pourable sauce.
- Adding more nutritional yeast for cheesy flavor, salt for overall flavor, nuts for nuttiness, garlic for bite / zing, or lemon juice for acidity.
- Depends on your favorite, add some sauce, dressing and bread. Enjoy!
Dinner: Mushroom and orzo soup
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups celery
- ½ cup shallots
- ¼ cup garlic
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups broccoli
- 3 cups sliced spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- basil pesto
- Using a saucepot with medium heat to boil olive oil, then add salt, celery, shallots, and garlic to the saucepot and cook 8 minutes.
- Continue to add broth and broccoli to saucepot and keep heating to simmering on high. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach, mushrooms and orzo. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until starches and veggies are softened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in basil pesto to taste