Beginning of the second week in Veganuary month with The Plantbase store
The Plantbase store continues to present the menu for the 8th day of this Veganuary month. We are committed to making your vegan month better than ever before.
Breakfast: Vegan Kimchi pancakes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped into 1 centimeters pieces
- 3 tbsp kimchi juice
- 1/3–½ cold cup water
- Kimchi need to be chopped into small sized pieces for easy to eat. Slice the scallion into 1 centimeter pieces.
- Mix the flour, potato starch and salt into a bowl and stir it together. Then add in kimchi, kimchi juice, chopped scallion and water to a bowl and keep stirring the mixture until achieve a thick batter forms.
- Using a large pan with medium high heat to heat 1 tsp of oil. Pour all the batter onto the pan and create an even layer. Fry the batter until it turns to a browned and crispy and the edges look. Flip the pancake and cook until browned and crispy in both sides.
- While waiting, prepare the dipping sauce by combining all the ingredients together.
- Once the pancakes are finished, slice into 6-8 pieces and serve with the dipping sauce
Lunch: Asian salad with ginger sesame dressing
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Optional: 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, almonds, or cashews
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- Mix all the dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat.
Dinner: Sweet and sour tofu
For the sweet and sour tofu:
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 275 g tofu, cubed
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
For the sweet and sour sauce:
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp tamari
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Combine tamari soy sauce and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Add the tofu cubes into a bowl and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Drain the tofu and transfer 1/3 of the tofu cubes to a freezer bag with 2 tbsp of cornstarch and toss to coat. Repeat this step with the rest of the tofu and cornstarch. Add more cornstarch if needed.
- Heat cooking oil by using skillet with medium high heat and then put tofu in until it have brown color in both sides. Remove tofu from pan and set aside.
- Using large skillet to cook vegetable with medium high heat until golden brown. Set aside.
- To make the sauce just mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Add the sauce to a saucepan and cook until it thickens, stirring frequently.
- Mix the tofu, veggies and sauce in the skillet, stir and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Serve with some sesame seeds on top