Continue your vegan journey with the Plantbase Store
The Plantbase Store is offering the menu for the 22nd day of the month of Veganuary. The Plantbase Store customers can easily make this menu in their own kitchen. Good luck !
Breakfast: Vegan Cashew Chocolate Milkshake
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and start blending to achieve a smooth, nice mixture.
- Drink away or let it chilled in a fridge.
Lunch: Pecan Apple Chickpea salad wrap
For the salad:
- 1 x 425g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup small diced organic honeycrisp apples
- 1/3 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt, plus more to taste
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Warm water
For the wraps:
- 3 large spinach tortillas (or tortillas of choice)*
- 3-4 cups organic spinach
- ¾ cup carrots, shredded
- Mash all the chickpeas by a fork in a large bowl. Continue to add diced apples, chopped pecans, tart cherries, celery, parsley and green onions in the same bowl.
- To make dressing: Using a different bowl to hold tahini, honey, Dijon, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper and warm water. Combine all the ingredients that mentioned to achieve a creamy dressing. If the dressing is too thick, add more water
- Add dressing to the chickpea salad. Stir to combine and coat all the ingredients with dressing. Taste and adjust as necessary. You may want to add more salt and/or pepper.
- Lay out spinach wraps and add about 1 cup of spinach, top with ¼ cup shredded carrots. Top with ⅓ of the chickpea salad mixture. Tightly roll up the wrap, tucking in the ends as you go. Secure tightly with a toothpick if necessary. Makes 3 large wraps! You can also eat the salad as is or put in lettuce wraps or swiss chard. Salad will stay good for 5 days in the fridge
Dinner: Vegan Ratatouille
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp red wine
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Dash ground rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- Saute the onion until translucent in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- After the onion becomes translucent, continue to add the bay leaf, red wine, and tomato juice to the saucepan and stir to combine well.
- Then add the garlic, basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper and mix until well blended. Cover the saucepan and allow to simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Keep adding the zucchini and the green and red bell peppers, stir well, cover, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, tomatoes, and tomato paste and stir again to combine everything together well. Cover the pan and continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 8 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve your vegan ratatouille over rice or pasta with French bread.