Continued on 19th with The Plantbase Store during Veganuary month
Are The Plant Base Store's vegan companions ready for the 19th day of the Veganuary month? This 19th day menu will retain the spirit of veganism with high applicability. Will definitely make everyone satisfied with their food.
Breakfast: Peanut Butter Vanilla Green Smoothie
- 1 cup vegan milk
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup ice
Put all the ingredients in a blender and start blending all together. During blending process, add-ins any ingredients that you liked. Blend on high mode for a full minute, or until completely smooth. Enjoy!
Lunch: Sheet Pan Cuban Rice & Black beans
- 2 bell peppers, assorted colors, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, halved through the root end and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 x 425g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and using cooking spray to coat a sheet pan.
- Mix these ingredients included the bell peppers, onion, garlic, and oil in a medium bowl. Start tossing the ingredients in bowl with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Then spread the vegetables on the sheet pan and roast all the ingredients for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and stir.
- Combine the remaining ingredients such as the rice, beans, cumin, oregano, fennel, coriander, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 1/2 cups water in a different bowl. Pour the mixture onto the sheet pan, stir well, and cover with foil.
- Bake until the water has been absorbed and the vegetables are tender, for 28 to 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes. Remove the foil and fluff with a fork before serving.
Dinner: Ginger Scallion Ramen Noodles
- 12 centimeters piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch of scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- ½ cup vegetable cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- 4 x 150g ramen noodles, preferably fresh
- Mix ginger, garlic, and two-thirds of scallions in a bowl and start stirring all together.
- Heat a small saucepan over high heat with vegetable cooking oil inside until oil is hot. Then pour the heated cooking oil over scallion, ginger and garlic mixture. The scallions will sizzle, turn bright green. Let sit 5 minutes before stirring in remaining scallions. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, sesame oil, and sugar; season with salt. Let sit to let flavors meld, 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Noodles is cooked according to package directions. Then drain and toss
- Pour the soy sauce with scallion to the noodles.
- Divide noodles among bowls. Top with sesame seeds and serve with chili oil alongside