Enjoy your 17th day in the vegan world of The Plantbase store
As scheduled, The Plantbase Store continues to offer our beloved customers this Veganuary 17th menu. As in previous days, the dishes on this 17th day are still vegan and easy to make.
Breakfast: Vegan Granola
- 400g jumbo oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 150g dried apple, roughly chopped
- 150g coconut oil, melted
- 250g pack mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- 100ml maple syrup
- Heat oven to 180oC with 2 large baking trays inside.
- Mix all the ingredients together except the maple syrup. Spread the mixture out on the trays and drizzle over the maple syrup.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins, stirring the granola well halfway through so that it cooks evenly. Leave to cool before storing in airtight container
- Served with bread or oatmeal and cereals.
Lunch: Burrito stuffed pepper
- 3 bell peppers, chopped and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 400g tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 150g sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- Vegan cashew cheese sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180oC
- Add chopped, seedless bell peppers to a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil for around 15-20 minutes to have a browned and softened texture.
- Using a frying pan to cook the garlic and onion with a small splash of water. Cook on a medium heat for a minute, then add the chili powder, beans and more water, keep cooking for a few minutes, until all the ingredients become softened and moist. During cooking, mash beans and other to have a chunky bean paste.
- Put chopped tomato, sweetcorn in and stir it together. Remember to season with salt & pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves and return to the oven for another 5-8 minutes, just to warm through.
- Serve hot with the vegan cashew cheese sauce drizzled on top. Enjoy!
Dinner: Silken tofu with soy-sauced tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 340g silken tofu, chilled
- Toasted sesame oil
- Thinly sliced scallions (optional)
- Thinly sliced basil (optional)
- Mix the tomatoes, soy sauce, olive oil, and many grinds of black pepper in a saucepan with low heat. Cook these ingredients for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into 2 wide slabs (or 4 smaller ones) and place on plates. Divide the warm tomatoes on top. Add a judicious drizzle of toasted sesame oil, then sprinkle with scallions and basilx. Serve immediately.