Journey on the 16th day of a Veganuary month with The Plantbase Store
A new day a new menu comes from The Plantbase Store. We're already halfway through the vegan journey of the Veganuary month. To continue this journey, learn about the menu of day 16th right below.
Breakfast: Vegan Panini
- 2 panini
- 2 large tomatoes
- A bunch of fresh basil
For the mozarella
- 75 g cashews, soaked in water for a couple of hours
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
To make the cashew mozarella
- Add all the ingredients for the cashew mozzarella to the blender. Then blend it together until achieve a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook on a medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble and turn stretchy.
To make the panini
- Cut the panini rolls lengthways and spread some cashew mozarella on both sides.
- Cut the tomato into thin slices and assemble onto one side of the panini and top with a few fresh basil leaves.
- Sandwich the two halves together and either cook in a panini press/grill or place on a dry frying pan on a medium heat and press down, using a spatula, for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Cut the panini's in half and serve!
Lunch: Vegan Peanut Noodles
- 220g pasta
- Shiitake mushrooms, slice
- Eggplant, slice
- Red peppers, slice
- Chopped scallions, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Peanut Sauce
- Crushed peanuts
- Cook your noodles according to the package directions.
- Using a skillet with medium heat to cook mushrooms & eggplant until it soft. Then add the red pepper and scallions to the skillet and cook for a few minutes more. Add a splash of soy sauce and remove the pan from the heat.
- Toss noodles with peanut sauce and add the veggies.
- Top with sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
Dinner: Noodles- Free Tofu Pad Thai
- 1 Tbsp tamarind sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 5 medium sized carrots, washed and ribboned
- 1 medium zucchini, washed and ribboned
- 1/4 cup firm tofu, drained, pressed and cubed
- Toppings: peanut sauce, sriracha, crushed peanuts, cilantro
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and adjust seasonings depend on your taste.
- Add carrots and zucchini to the dressing mixture then toss to combine. Let marinade for 5 minutes. Continue to add tofu to the mixture and toss again.
- Divided into your serving plates and top with peanut sauce, fresh cilantro, sriracha, and crushed peanuts