The last day of the vegan month with The Plantbase Store
Any fun must end. This is the last day of your vegan journey during the Veganuary month. The Plantbase would like to thank dear customers for accompanying us on our journey to discover the world of vegan cuisine. Don't hesitate to create on the recipes The Plantbase Store has sent you with the quality ingredients from our store.
Breakfast: Apples Sweet Potatoes Hash
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 2 centimeters cubes
- 8 white mushrooms, sliced or cut into small pieces
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Using a heated pan to cook shallot for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add all of the ingredients (except for water) in the pan, then cook for 10 minutes. Remember to stirring regularly during cooking process.
- Add water and cover continuing to stir for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes have softened.
Lunch: Mango Avocado Black Rice Salad with Cilantro lime
- 1 1/2 cups organic black rice, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe mango, diced
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges, to garnish
- Put the rinsed rice in a medium saucepan then add 2 x 3/4 cups of water and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to a low simmer, and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 30-40 minutes. When rice is done cooking, remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Cool for 10 minutes before adding dressing.
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, garlic, agave, cilantro, and salt in a food processor to make a dressing salad. Grind all the ingredients inside for 15-30 seconds
- Once rice is done cooking and has cooled a bit then put in the dressing into the rice and stirring to the whole mixture is combined. Place in fridge for an hour or until cool and you are ready to add in the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Before serving, toss salad again with dressing and fold in cilantro, mango, and red onion. Pour into cold salad bowls and top with roasted almonds and avocado. Garnish with a lime wedge or extra cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Dinner: Vegan Slow Cooker Tofu Tikka Masala
- 450g firm tofu, drained and 1 centimeters cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2-3 medium gold potatoes, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 440ml tomato sauce
- 440ml coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more if you like things a little spicier
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnishing
- Add garlic, diced onion, sliced carrots, cauliflower florets, diced potatoes, tomato sauce, coconut milk, maple syrup, fresh ginger, garam masala, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper in a slow cooker. Stirring to combine. Add in tofu cubes, and keep stirring the mixture. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Before you are ready to serve, stir in the frozen peas and allow to cook uncovered for 5-10 more minutes. Serve with as is with a side of naan bread, or with brown rice or quinoa. If you are not vegan, I suggest serving with yogurt! Garnish with cilantro before serving.