The Plant Base Store with a menu on the 20th of the Veganuary month
Another day comes with The Plantbase Store and the 31-day vegan challenge. On this 20th day, we would like to send you a simple vegan menu that still ensures all the nutrients for your body. Quickly come to your kitchen and start doing these amazing dishes.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, for example raisins, dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup roasted nuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup instant oatmeal mix
- 2/3 cup water
- Kosher salt
- Pure maple syrup and vegan milk, for serving
- Shake well a jar contains the oats, dried fruit, nuts, and cinnamon until all the ingredients are combined.
- For one serving of oatmeal, using 1/3 cup of the Oatmeal Mix into a microwave-safe bowl. The bowl have to deep enough so the oatmeal don’t overflow when it cooks. Add 2/3 cup water and stir well.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and cook on high temperature mode for about 2 minutes. Place the bowl out of the microwave and start stirring the mixture with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Add milk and maple syrup depends on your taste
Lunch: Soy-glazed tofu and mushroom
- 400g firm tofu, drained and blocked cut
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 12 oz. mixed mushrooms, stems trimmed, torn into 5 centimeters pieces
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 5 centimeters piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 centimeters serrano chili, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 lime, halved
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Cut all the firm tofu into thirds crosswise, then cut each piece crosswise again into 3 pieces to have 9 square-ish pieces of tofu. Drying with paper towels.
- Using a large skillet with heated 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil over medium-high temperature. When oil is shimmering and easily slides across surface of pan, cook tofu, undisturbed, until golden brown underneath, about 4 minutes. Turn and continue to cook until browned on second side, about 4 minutes. Transfer tofu to a plate, leaving oil in pan.
- Pour remaining 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil into skillet and heat over medium-high until shimmering. Cook the mixed mushrooms until all the mushrooms crisp around the edges and browned underneath. Toss the mushrooms mixture and keep cooking, tossing often for 4 minutes longer. Throw in tofu, celery, ginger, chili, soy sauce, and sesame oil to the pan. Put in a pinch of salt to season then continue to cook, tossing often, until celery is crisp-tender
- Remove from heat and squeeze in lime juice. Scatter cilantro over and toss once more.
- Divide rice among bowls. Top with tofu and mushroom stir-fry.
Dinner: Marinated Mixed Beans
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped tender herbs (such as mint, parsley, cilantro, chives, and/or dill)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2x 425g cans of mixed beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Korean hot pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl and let sit 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix herbs and oil in a large bowl to coat herbs. Add beans and red pepper and toss to combine. Season generously with salt.
- Add shallot mixture to bean mixture and toss gently to combine.