The Plantbase Store Recommend Second Day Menu Of Veganuary Month
The following recipes from The Plantbase Store will help you to your perfect vegan meal in no time. Besides, these recipes also provide all necessary nutrients for a daily activities.
Breakfast: Chia seed pudding
- 360 ml dairy-free milk
- 90 g chia seeds
- 15-30 ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: mint, fruits, etc
- Add dairy free milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla to a mixing bowl. Mix it up!
- Put the mixture in the fridge overnight to create a thick and creamy texture. If not, add more chia seeds, stir, and refrigerate for another hour or so.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge and enjoy. To enhance flavor of your pudding, add more compote or fresh fruit! Will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Lunch: Jackfruit tacos
For jackfruit pulled
- 560g green jackfruit
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 96g BBQ sauce
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
For the tacos:
- 6 small tortillas
- Romain lettuce, chopped
- red cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 avocado, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup corn
- chili, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
For the garlic sauce:
- 1 cup unsweetend coconut
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt & black pepper.
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Remove the core and shred it with a fork.
- Using large pan to cook onions until it translucent. Continue add some chopped garlic and keep cooking for 1 more minute.
- Add the jackfruit to the pan and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Next, add the BBQ sauce, the smoked paprika powder, the cumin, the maple syrup, and the juice of half a lime and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. During cooking process, keep stirring the mixture every few minutes to prevent the mixture is burnt.
- Combine the unsweetened coconut with the minced garlic to create the sauce. Depend on your flavor, season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas or taco shells according to the package directions
- Fill the taco shells with lettuce, red cabbage, pulled jackfruit, corn, and avocado.
- Add the garlic sauce, a squeeze of lime juice, and the chopped cilantro on top. If you want you could also add some chili.
Dinner: Vegan Fried Rice
- 200 grams rice
- 80 grams corn kernels
- 80 grams peas
- 1 or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- Cook the rice according to package directions
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet and then add chopped garlic and onion and diced carrots, cook them over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. Add peas and corn kernels and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, soy sauce or tamari and cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until rice is hot.