25th day with The Plantbase Store on the journey of Vegan month
A simple vegan menu that's easy to follow, yet nutritious, comes from The Plantbase Store. On the last days of this Veganuary month, we focus on agility to enable all customers to prepare their meals as quickly and conveniently as possible.
Breakfast: Broccoli and Quinoa Breakfast Patties
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup mixture of broccoli and carrots, shredded
- 2 egg replacer
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put cooked quinoa in a sauce pan with vegetable broth and vegetable bouillon. When the mixture starts boiling, reduce heat, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a large bowl then add 1 cup quinoa, shredded broccoli and carrots, eggs replacer, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, 2 tbsp of oil, and seasoning with salt and pepper. Mixing all the ingredients until well combined.
- Put a little coconut oil over a fry pan. Make a baseball sized out of the mixture. Place on fry pan and flatten with a spatula.
- Cook on both sides 2-3 minutes or until crisp golden brown then place on a plate lined with a paper towel to catch any oil drippings. Do not over saturate with oil.
- Once cooked enjoy right away and top with vegan sour cream and parsley.
- Store in an airtight container, will last in the fridge for up to 5 days, maybe a little longer. Enjoy!
Lunch: Peanut Spinach Udon
- 1 bundle udon
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 green onions , sliced thin, divided
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 tbsp agave nectar
- dollop sambal oelek
- black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cook the udon noodles according to package directions.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients, taste and seasoning.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse out pot too cool.
- Put all chopped spinach and green onions in the pot and place hot noodles on top. Cook for about 3 minutes then pour sauce over noodles and toss to combine and coat. Add extra soy sauce, if desired. Garnish with remaining pinch of green onions and black sesame seeds.
Dinner: Mushroom Risotto
- 1 tbsp dried porcini mushrooms, soaked for 4 minutes and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 225g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 350g arborio rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 25g vegan butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegan cheese
- Using a large, heavy saucepan with a bit of vegetable oil to fry onion & garlic for 2-3 minutes. Then throw in the chestnut mushrooms and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and coat in the oil. Pour in the wine and simmer, stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed. Add a ladleful of the stock and simmer, stirring again, until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock in this way, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is plump and tender.
- Roughly chop the soaked porcini mushrooms and stir into the risotto, along with the parsley, butter and salt and pepper. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.