Day 24 with The Plantbase Store in Veganuary month
Start your day with The Plantbase Store, get into the kitchen and show off your cooking skills with carefully selected recipes from our store. The dishes on this menu meet your criteria for ease of making, nutritious and vegan.
Breakfast: Peanut Butter Sandwich
- 1 – 2 apples, sliced and remove core and stem
- ¼ cup almond butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, divided
- 4 slices bread
- coconut oil
- Cut the sliced apple half in standing position into 0.5 centimeters slices
- Add 1 tablespoon of nut butter to both slices of your sandwich and layer one slice with apples. To the apples, add a sprinkle of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup over top. Place top half on sandwich.
- Heat the skillet with the coconut oil over medium heat. Cook 2 slides of the breads 2 – 4 minutes each side. Enjoy!
Lunch: Zucchini soup
- tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into slices
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 x 425g can white bean
- 3 cups vegetable broth,
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- Cook onion, garlic, green onion, celery, thyme, Italian seasoning until onion is soft in a pot over medium high heat.
- Then add zucchini, carrot, white beans, vegetable broth, cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes, until thick. You can add extra vegetable broth if your soup is too thick, if your soup is too thin, cook for longer. Mash some of the beans with a fork and it will help to thicken the soup as well.
Dinner: Vegan Stew Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 455 g cremini mushrooms, quarted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegan worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 60 g dry red wine, such as cabernet
- 3 gold potatoes
- 830 ml vegetable broth
- 30 g flour
- fresh parsely for serving, optional
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook the onion, celery and carrot, sprinkle with salt in a large pot for 5 minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms and garlic to the pot and continue to cook for about 5 minutes more
- Add the thyme or oregano, vegan worcestershire, tomato paste, and red wine. Stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes. Pour in 3 cups vegetable broth (reserve 1/2 cup for later) then add the potatoes and bay leaf. Bring to a low boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the flour with 1/2 cup of the reserved broth until smooth. Pour the mixture into the pot and stir to combine. Continue to cook at a low boil until the sauce has thickened, for about 10 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste, garnish with parsley (optional), serve warm and enjoy!