Day 23 in Veganuary month with The Plantbase Store
The vegan journey has come to an end, The Plantbase Store would like to offer you the 23rd day of this month of vegan month. The menu is a combination of Asian and European cuisine, sure to bring you to a great culinary experience.
Breakfast: Tofu Cream Cheese (5mins)
- 194 g raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 61 g vegan yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews
- Add soaked cashews, vegan yogurt, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt to a food processor. Blend all until smooth texture mixture.
- Taste then adjust the amount of salt or lemon juice depends on your taste.
- Serve immediately on bagels, or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It can also be frozen if desired.
Lunch: Vegan Corn Chowder
- 20-30 ml olive oil
- ½ large white onion, chopped
- 33 cloves garlic, minced
- 67 small red potatoes, quartered and peeling
- 2 ears corn kernels, sliced off
- 320 ml veggie broth
- 320 ml unsweetened plain almond milk
- 33-2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 2-4 g nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor (optional)
- Sauté onion, and garlic for 3-4 minutes in a large saucepan with heated olive oil
- Add potato to the saucepan then season with a little salt and pepper, and cover to steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Add most of the corn to the pan and stir with others ingredients (reserving a little for garnish).
- Continue to add veggie broth and almond milk to the saucepan then cover, and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook until the potatoes are soft and slide off of a knife when pierced - about 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer soup back to the saucepan and bring back to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Cook for at least 10 minutes to let thicken. The longer it simmers, the more flavorful it will be.
- To serve, top with chopped green onion, remaining fresh (or lightly sauteed) corn, and black pepper. Add a sprinkle of paprika for color
Dinner: Singapore noodles with Tofu
- 100g noodles, cook for 4 minutes and snip into short lengths
- 140g firm tofu, rinse and cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 spring onions , shredded
- 1 small chunk fresh root ginger , finely chopped
- 1 red pepper , thinly sliced
- 100g mangetout
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 tsp tikka masala paste
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- roughly chopped coriander and lime wedges, to serve
- Rinse the tofu in cold water, then cut into small chunks. Pat dry with kitchen paper. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the tofu, then stir-fry for 2-3 mins, stirring until lightly browned. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and heat up. Add the spring onions, ginger, pepper and mangetout, then stir-fry for 1 min. Add the noodles and beansprouts, then stir to mix. Blend together the curry paste, soy, chilli sauce and 1 tbsp water, then add to the wok, stirring until everything is well coated in the sauce. Serve sprinkled with coriander, with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Shop the story
£2.20 Sold Out