Accompany the Plantbase Store on the 12th day of Veganuary month.
Continuing the one month Vegan journey with The Plantbase Store, we would like to send you a menu for the 12th of this month.
Breakfast: Homemade Acai Bowl
- 120 ml apple juice
- ½ large banana, sliced
- 170g frozen berries
- 57g Greek yogurt
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 100g acai berry puree, broken into pieces
- Toppings (optional): sliced almonds, berries, shredded coconut, granola, chia seeds, sliced banana.
- Using blender to blend these ingredients such as apple juice, banana, frozen berries, yogurt, honey and acai puree until combined and smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a deep bowl.
- Arrange the desired toppings over your smoothie bowls
Lunch: Vegan Thai green curry
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 350g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into thick slices
- 400g can full fat coconut milk
- 5 dried kaffir lime leaves
- 150g mangetout
- 100g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- cooked rice and lime wedges, to serve
- Cook the shallots on medium heat and seasoning with salt then fry for 7-10 mins over a medium heat until softened. Add the curry paste and chilli to the pan and continue to fry for 2 mins. Tip in the squash and pepper, then stir through the coconut milk along with 200ml water. Add the lime leaves, cover and cook for 15-20 mins or until the squash is tender.
- Stir the mangetout and baby corn through the curry, then re-cover, cooking over a medium-low heat for a further 5. Season and stir through half the coriander. Remove the lime leaves and discard. Spoon the curry into deep bowls, scatter with the remaining coriander and serve with rice and lime wedges for squeezing over
Dinner: Vegan Alfredo Pasta
- 220-280 g pasta
- 45 ml olive or avocado oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 23 g arrowroot powder
- 420-480 ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper (to taste)
- 30 g vegan parmesan cheese
- 20-30 g nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and cover to prevent drying.
- Using large skillet with medium heat then add olive oil and garlic to the pan. During cooking process. Keep stirring quickly to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Before add flour to the skillet, reduce heat first and then whisk to combine. Cook for about a minute and then continue to add 60 ml almond milk and whisk to prevent clumps. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer all the ingredients from the skillet to a blender and add some salt, pepper, vegan parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, garlic powder. Start blending with high mode to achieve smooth texture.
- Put the blended mixture back to the skillet and cook on medium heat until it bubbles, then reduce heat to low and cook until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Once sauce is cooked, add pasta, peas to the skillet and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes to warm through, and then serve with additional vegan parmesan cheese and red pepper flake.
Shop the story