Continue with The Plantbase Store on the 14th day of the Veganuary month
Surely beloved customers of The Plantbase Store are looking forward to the 14th day's menu in our 1 month vegan journey, right ? Do not let you wait long, The Plantbase Store launch today's menu. With these simple recipes and carefully selected products from our store, you will have an even more amazing culinary experience
Breakfast: Greek Chickpeas Toast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 small shallots, finely diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely diced
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½-1 tsp sugar, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 400 g tin of peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 4-6 slices of crusty bread, toasted
- Using medium pan to cook, then add shallots and fry gently and stirring gently. Add garlic and fry until shallots are completely translucent and garlic is softened.
- Add all the spices to the pan. Mix them into the onion and garlic mixture and fry off gently for 1-2 minutes stirring the whole time.
- Squash tinned tomatoes or chop them roughly before adding to the pan with a couple of tablespoons of water. Simmer on low-medium heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Mix in cooked chickpeas and let them warm through in the sauce. Season with salt, sugar and black pepper.
- Serve on toasted bread with a sprinkle of fresh herbs and a few black olives.
Lunch: Cucumber Melon Soup
- 450g English cucumbers, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 small honeydew melon (seeded and rind removed), cut into pieces
- 65g flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Put cucumbers, melon, parsley, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt into the blender and blend it until achieve a smooth textured mixture.
- Refrigerate the mixture at least 1 hour and up to overnight. Serve topped with watercress, sliced cucumber, and cracked pepper.
Dinner: Crispy Tofu Bowl
- 100g brown rice, cooked
- ½ vegan vegetable stock cube
- 280g extra firm tofu
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1cm ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Handful cashew nuts, toasted
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 sweet pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cucumber, sliced & in quarters
- During cook the rice, add the vegetable stock cube to the water. When the rice is cooked, drain and set to one side.
- Slice the tofu into small pieces, then using kitchen roll dab off as much liquid as possible.
- Add the tamari, maple syrup, ginger and garlic in a shallow bowl, then stir these ingredients together. Put the tofu to the mixture (make sure the tofu pieces are covered). Set to one side and leave to (at least 30 minutes).
- Drain the excess marinade into a small pot, then put 3 tablespoons of corn flour over the tofu and stir tofu coat completely in the corn flour.
- In a dry frying pan gently toast the cashew nuts for a few minutes, remove and set to onside.
- Cooking tofu in a medium pan with medium high heat with adding a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Cook tofu for a few minutes until both sides turn golden and lightly crisp. To serve, divide the rice between the two bowls then add the red pepper, spring onions, cucumber and tofu.