The First Day Of Veganuary Meal Plan For Beginer
The Plantbase Store provides a full day menu for Veganuary month.
Breakfast: Vegan French Toast.
• 3 tsp organic chia seed
• 1 1/2 tsp agave nectar syrup
• 240 ml almond milk
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 4-5 slices bread
1. Mix all ingredients included of almond milk, vanilla extract, agave nectar syrup and chia seeds in a bowl. Put the mixture in the fridge for around 10-20 minutes.
2. Preheat frying pan (griddle) to medium heat (~350 degrees F / 176 C) and grease with 1 Tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil.
3. Dip each slice of bread in the mixture of others ingredients for about 20 seconds on each side.
4. After pre- heating frying pan, put the bread on the surface of the pan and wait until the underside turn into golden brown color and then flip it. Continuing to cook the other side until it turns to golden brown color.
5. Finishing the dish with adding some toppings on top, such as vegan whipped cream, berries or maple syrup ( can replace with agave nectar syrup).
Lunch: Curried Chickpea Spread.
• 425g of can chickpeas, drained
• 35g parsley, chopped
• 35g red onion, chopped
• 4 tsp vegan mayonnaise
• 1 carrot, diced
• 1 ½ tps curry powder
• Ground black pepper
• Some sandwich slices
• Tomatoes, sprouts, etc as toppings
1. Using food processor to grind and mix all ingredients (chickpeas, parsley, red onion, vegan mayonnaise, carrots, salt and ground black pepper) until it all starts to stick together. Depend on your interest, the mixture can be hummus consistency or an oatmeal texture.
2. Spread the mixture of chickpeas and other ingredients onto a slice of bread and finish it spinach, sprouts, tomatoes or whatever you want.
Dinner: Vegan Pad Thai.
• 200g rice noodles
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 spring onions, sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1 red chilli, sliced
• 2 carrots, shaved into ribbons with a speed peeler
• Green beans, cut diagonally
• ½ broccoli, divided into florets
• 1 red pepper, sliced
• ¼ cup peanuts, pounded in a pestle & mortar
• ½ cup mung bean sprouts
• fresh coriander
• 5 tbsp tamarind sauce
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsp vegan fish sauce
• 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Using a large microwave-safe bowl to contain water and heat in the microwave until water is boiling. Soak the rice noodles in the water for 15 minutes.
2. After 15 minutes, drain the noodles and out some cooking oil to prevent them from sticking together.
3. Mixing tamarind sauce, soy sauce, vegan fish sauce and maple syrup to create a new sauce for the dish. Depend on your flavor, adjust the amount of sauce that you put in the mixture.
4. Heat up a wok and pour 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. When the wok almost smoking, add some spring onions, garlic and chilli. Keep frying until spring onions soften and garlic becomes fragrant.
5. Heat up another tablespoon of oil in the same wok – no need to wash it. Start adding prepared veggies in the order: broccoli, peas, red pepper and carrot ribbons. Keep stir-frying until all the vegetable cooked but still remain the crunchiness. Transfer all vegetables to another plate
6. At the sauce that prepared in the same wok and then add in noodles. Add all the vegetable in the same wok and mix everything well and warm it up for a minute or two.
7. Scoop on the plate and sprinkle with sprouts and crushed peanuts. Serve with lime wedges on the side.