10th day vegan with The Plantbase Store
The Vegan month journey continues on the 10th day, you will be curious to know what the tenth day menu of The Plantbase Store will look like ? So what are you waiting for without discovering the menu right below.
Breakfast: Vietnamese style green soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp quinoa
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 100g broccoli, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 100g green beans, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted
- 100g spinach, shredded
- a handful of basil, chopped
- a handful of mint, chopped
- 1 lime juice
- Heat olive oil until it starts boiling. Put the spring onions, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and chilli with olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and stock, and simmer to the pan then keep cooking until the quinoa is tender. Continue to add the broccoli and beans to the mixture and cook for 3 minutes, then stir in the peas and spinach, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season, then stir in the herbs and lime zest and juice to serve.
Lunch: Smoky mushroom and walnut-stuffed portobellos
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stalks removed and chopped
- olive oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- mushrooms (any kind) 50g, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 30g day-old sourdough bread, whizzed to breadcrumbs
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- Heat the grill with medium heat. Spray little olive oil on both side of the portobellos, season well and grill until both sides become tender.
- Using a frying pan with a spray of olive oil to fry the onion until soft. Add the chopped mushrooms, plus the chopped portobello stalks, add a pinch of salt and fry until the mushrooms are lightly golden.
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika and thyme for a minute, then stir in the breadcrumbs and walnuts for 1 minute.
- Spoon the mix into the middles of the mushrooms and pack down to fill the cavities. Grill again, for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with roasted vegetables or some greens
Dinner: Walnuts, wild rice and winter green salad
- walnuts (freshly shelled ideally) 100g, roughly chopped
- olive oil
- 200g mixed kales, shredded
- 2 sticks of celery, finely sliced
- 175g mixed wild rice, cooked and drained
- 8 dried apricots, snipped into pieces
- sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Heat a wok and put the walnuts in then toast the walnuts until they brown at the edges. Tip them into a large bowl.
- Continue to toss the kale with high heat and olive oil until it starts to wilt, season well and tip into the bowl. Then add the celery, wild rice and apricots.
- Whisk 3 tbsp olive oil with 2 tbsp sesame oil, the soy sauce and honey and add this to the bowl, toss everything together well.