Compete the first week of Veganuary month with all Asian menu from the Plantbase store
Last day of the first week in Veganuary month, The Plantbase store presents you with an Asian menu. With this menu, you will experience vegan Asian dishes with the premium ingredients from our store.
Breakfast Spicy Asian breakfast crepes
- Canola oil
- Crepes flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten (egg replacer)
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds (black, regular or a combination)
- 8 tsp hoisin sauce, divided
- 8 tsp garlic sauce, divided
- ¾ cup kimchi, drained
- 100g package wonton strips
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 90°C. Place a baking sheet in oven.
- Using a large nonstick skillet with medium heat to heat vegetable oil until it start boiling. Put 2 crepes in skillet and continue to add one-quarter of eggs, spreading to cover surface of crepe. Then add one-quarter of onions, ¼ cup cilantro and 1½ tsp sesame seeds to the pan and keep cooking in 2 minutes. Flip and press down with back of a spatula. Fold up bottom one-third. Spread with 2 tsp hoisin and 2 tsp chile-garlic sauce. Top with 3 Tbsp kimchi and about ⅓ cup wonton strips. Fold up (as you would folding a letter). Cut in half crosswise. Place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with Sriracha, if desired.
Lunch: Tofu and Veggie Stir Fry in Sweet Ginger Sauce
For Sweet Ginger Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 454g firm tofu, pressed
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 168g heads of broccoli, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch + 2 teaspoon water
Sweet Ginger Sauce
Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir it together.
Stir Fry + Putting It All Together
- Using a pan over medium high heat to boil vegetable oils. When oils start boiling, add tofu and 2 tablespoons of the sauce in. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side of the tofu, until all sides are crisped up and browned. Then season with a sprinkle of sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Continue using the same pan, put some broccoli and carrot in and toss for about 2 minutes. Later, few in the pan with some tablespoons of water and cover pan. Allow to steam for about 2 minutes. Remove cover, lower heat to medium and add in the tofu and the sauce. Pour in the cornstarch slurry here. Stir to coat everything in the sauce, then and allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes in the sauce.
- Pour the dish into a plate and top with extra sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Dinner: Vegan Bun Chay Vietnamese noodles salad
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vegan soy sauce
2 tablespoons freshly grated lemongrass (white part only)
1 clove garlic, grated
1 to 2 bird's eye chilies, sliced
2 to 3 pinch of seasoning
1 tablespoon water
For the Bun chay
- 220g thin rice vermicelli
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup English cucumber half moons
- 1 cup cilantro stems and leaves
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped.
For the caramelized tofu
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 400g firm tofu, sliced into bite-sized rectangles
- 2 teaspoons vegan soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and pour boiled water in a bowl. Set aside to infuse.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions; rinse with cold water, drain well, then divide into four serving bowls.
- Using a large skillet and heat one tablespoon of peanut with medium heat. Add the tofu in and fry until golden brown on both sides. While the tofu is frying, mix vegan soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar together in a small bowl and stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the tofu have brown caramel color, pour this mixture into the pan. Cook the sauce and tofu for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the tofu to ensure the sauce coats and sticks to each side. Cook for another minute. Transfer the tofu to the noodle bowls.
- Top the noodle bowls with julienned carrot, sliced bell pepper, cucumber half moons, herbs, and peanuts. Pour a quarter of the prepared dressing over each bowl. Serve at once.