The Plantbase store introduce 6th day of Veganuary month.
A new day of vegan dishes introduced by the Plantbase store. On the 6th day of this month, the Plantbase store continues to send you delicious vegan dishes that still available in your own kitchen.
Breakfast: Cinnamon oat waffles with sweet potato
- For The Sweet Potato
- For waffles:
Sweet Potato Butter
- Steam the potatoes in 10 minutes under medium-high heat, until potatoes become very tender. Remove from steamer basket and move into a bowl to let cool.
- Adding the other ingredients such as the maple syrup, plant milk, tahini, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and cooled potatoes into the food processor then pureeing until smooth. After that, the mix should to store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Combining the plant milk, applesauce, aquafaba, and vinegar for the wet mixture
- Combining the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor and mixing them into a coarse meal forms.
- Mixing the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes.
- Adding ½ cup of batter to each mold in the waffle iron and cooking for 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool for a moment.
- Serving warm with the Sweet Potato "Butter".
Lunch: Vegan BLT sandwich with eggplant
- Eggplant bacon:
- Sriracha cashew mayo:
- BLT sandwiches:
- sandwich bread
- Sriracha cashew mayo
- Eggplant bacon
- lettuce leaves
- 1 large or 2 small ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Combining the ingredients such as soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, maple syrup, and liquid smoke and stir it well. Adding the eggplant slices and stiring gently to coat. Marinating at room temperature for approximate 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so to keep eggplant well coated.
- Coating skillet with olive oil and place over medium-high heat. After that, adding eggplant slices and roasting until the eggplant slices are browned on bottoms (about 3-5 minutes). Pouring half of marinade into skillet and cooking another minute. Flipping it to grill the other side.
Sriracha cashew mayo:
- Placing the soaked cashews in a food processor and processing until a thick paste forms. After that, lemon juice, milk, Sriracha, and salt are added and continuously blended until smooth and creamy.
- Slathering one side of each bread slice with the mayo. Eggplant, lettuce, and tomato slices are divided and added in 4 slides of breaded. Topping with the remaining bread slices and serving.
Dinner: Jamaican Jerk Vegan Tacos
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 2 cups peeled and diced mango, about 2 medium
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Sea salt
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet or hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 (560g) cans jackfruit in brine or water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 habanero, serrano or jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup tamari
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas, charred or warmed
The mango-avocado salsa
- Combining mango, avocado, onion, cucumber, orange juice, lime juice, and cilantro and mix gently. Seasoning with salt.
The Jamaican Jerk Seasoning.
- Combining all of the spices together.
- Draining the canned jackfruit and lightly rinsing under water, shaking off excess water then pulling the pieces apart which resembles shredded pork.