Day 5 of Vegetarian month with The Plantbase Store.
Don’t hesitate to step into your kitchen to make the 5th day menu recommendations by the Plantbase store for this Vegetarian month. With simple recipes that are equally delicious, it will surely make you and your family will be satisfied.
Breakfast: Classic Tofu Scramble
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu, drained for 30 minutes and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- cilantro leaves
- Mixing these ingredients included cumin, thyme, paprika, and turmeric in a small bowl. Then add 3 tablespoons water and whisk to complete the mixture.
- Heating large skillet and put vegetable oil in. Waiting until the oil is boiled, add tofu to skillet in an even layer, season with salt and pepper and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic to skillet, and stir into tofu. Cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes, then add spice mixture. Stir to incorporate all ingredients, then continue cook. Remember to keep stirring during cooking process, for 2 to 3 more minutes, until all water is evaporated and spices are fragrant. Season to taste with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.
Lunch: Vegan chickpea sandwich
For the Chickpea “Chicken” Salad:
- 4 cups cooked Chickpeas
- 1 cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 large ribs Celery, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Red Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Parsley, diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2/3 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning Blend
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Black Pepper
For each Sandwich:
- 2 pieces of Lettuce
- 2 slices of Bread
- Using fork to mash cooked chickpea in a large bowl. Depends on your taste, the cooked chickpea should be mash around 60-70%.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the Salad into the bowl, and mix until well-incorporated. Refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 7 days.
- To assemble each Sandwich, lightly toast 2 slices of bread, and layer each with a piece of lettuce. Place a heaping portion of the Chickpea Salad onto one slice of bread, then fold the other on top. Serve as desired.
Dinner: Kale, Black bean and Avocado bowl.
- 1 bunch of curly kale, chopped into small pieces (rib removed)
- 6 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño, minced (seeds removed)
- 2 (800g cans of black beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Cherry tomatoes , sliced into thin rounds
- Using a large bowl to hold these ingredients included 4 tablespoon of lime juice, olive oil, cumin and half of the jalapeño. Then whisk everything in a bowl together and continue to add kale into the mixture and toss to combine.
- Using a different bowl to mash avocado and add half tablespoon of remaining jalapeño, 2 tablespoons of lime juice and cilantro to the bowl.
- Using saucepan with medium low heat to sauté shallot and garlic until fragrant, then continue to add beans, cayenne pepper and chili powder. Cook until beans are warm, stirring frequently (about 5 to 7 minutes). If beans become dry, add a little water.
- To serve, layer four individual serving bowls with marinated kale, beans and avocado mixture. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and enjoy