The Plantbase Store shares menu on the 4th day of Vegenuary month
Hurry into the kitchen to cook delicious vegan dishes from the Plant base store. On the 4th day of this vegetarian month, our store will take you to a culinary experience from Asia to Western dish. Check it out!
Breakfast: Potato Pancakes
- 30g vegan cheese, grated.
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 large egg ( using egg replacer)
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 68g all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Put the ingredients included vegan cheese, chopped fresh chives, egg replacer to a large bowl. Beating all the ingredients in the bowl by using a fork or wooden spoon. Continue to add mash potato to the mixture and keep beating. Refrigerate the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Put ½ amount of flour in a shallow dish and divide the potato mixture into 8 portions. Working with one at a time, turns each portion into a 7 centimeters patty diameter, then dredge the patty in the flour on both sides, shaking off excess. Place on a baking sheet or large plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Tilt the pan so that the oil coats the bottom. Using a wide, flat spatula, gently transfer 4 of the patties into the pan and cook, flipping once, until golden-brown and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 4 patties. Serve warm with sour cream, if desired.
Lunch: Roasted Veggie Pasta
- 450g pasta
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, matchsticks cut.
- 1 pint tiny tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, thin matchsticks cut
- 450g eggplant, cubes cut (skinned)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons thyme leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook pasta based on the package directions. Drain and pour back into the pot.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Spreading non-stick baking sheets on the surface of baking trays.
- Put red onion, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and salt into a bowl and mix everything together. Scoop everything out of the bowl and put on the baking sheets and then slip them into the oven.
- Put everything in the oven for 20 minutes, then take them out, continue to add the thyme, garlic, and lemon juice and start stirring, and put back in the oven until some of the veggies have browned edges, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Put the veggies out of the oven and add to the cooked pasta. Throw in the balsamic vinegar, pepper flakes, a pinch of salt and black pepper, and stir. Taste and add more garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, and/or thyme. If you want to up the greens level, serve the hot pasta on a bed of arugula or spinach with a squeeze of lemon juice on them.
Dinner: Chinese Noodles with Ginger Garlic sauce
- 230g dry whole grain spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 60ml tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons ginger, grated
- 9 small garlic cloves, minced
- 7 to 8 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally into 2 centimeters long strips
- 230g button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 140g broccoli florets, cut in 1 centimeters pieces
- 2 baby bok choy, trimmed and cut into 2 centimeters pieces
- Cilantro, chopped into 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons cashews, toasted and chopped
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water if necessary, and drain again.
- Combine the arrowroot powder, soy sauce, vinegar, and 1½ cups water in a medium bowl and mix these ingredients together until achieve a smooth texture mixture. Set the slurry aside.
- Place the ginger, garlic, scallions, mushrooms, carrots, and ¼ cup water in a large sauté pan. Cooking with over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Continuing to add the broccoli and bok choy to the vegetables. Stir the reserved slurry and add it to the pan. Cover and cook until all the vegetables are crisp-tender and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add the noodles to the vegetables; toss until well combined. Heat over medium-low if necessary to warm all the ingredients and add a little water to loosen the sauce, if necessary. Garnish with cilantro and cashews (if using) and serve hot.