The Plantbase Store Introducing Full Day Menu On Third Day Of Veganuary Month
Continuing on the 3rd day of this month, packed with vegan ingredients from The Plantbase store, the following dishes will ensure a meal that’s easy to make and equally nutritious.
Breakfast: Greek yogurt and oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup water, milk or a blend of both
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon + 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Prepare a pot and add oats, banana slices and sea salt to a pot. Using medium-high heat to cook a mixture of oats and others ingredients. Continue to add water & milk and stir the combination in the pot. During the cooking, add little bit of cinnamon and vanilla to enhance the flavor. Keep cooking for 8-10 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed. Remember to stir your oats while cooking to make sure all the ingredients melt into the oats.
- After received a thick and fluffy oats, remove oats from the heat and mix with Greek yogurt (at least ¼ cup). Finish your dish with toppings such as banana slides, berries, granola and peanut butter.
Lunch: Crispy buffalo cauliflower bites
- ⅔ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 5 cm florets
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 230o
- Creature a batter by mixing the ingredients included brown rice flour, almond flour, tomato paste, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and ⅔ cup of water in a blender. Keep using the blender until the batter has smooth and thick texture. Transfer to a bowl.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter until the florets are well coated.
- Put the cauliflower forests in baking tray, remember to put baking sheet before baking. Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets, making sure that the florets do not touch one another. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp on the edges. They will not get crispy all over while still in the oven.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 3 minutes to crisp up a bit more. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with the sauce. Serve immediately
Dinner: Vegan mac and cheese
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 450g pasta
- black pepper & paprika.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain the cashews if you soaked them
- Mix these ingredients together such as cashews, lemon juice, water, salt, nutritional yeast, chili powder, garlic, turmeric, cayenne (if using), and mustard in a blender with high speed mode to blend all the ingredients until silky smoothie. If the mixture is too thick, add 2-4 more tablespoons of water and keep blending.
- Once the pasta is tender, drain and rinse it, then return the pasta to the pot and stir in the cheese sauce. Season to taste and serve warm