Continue your 28th vegan journey with The Plantbase Store
The 28th of the 31st day of the Veganuary month is already here. The Plantbase Store continues to offer you a true vegan menu that's easy to follow
Breakfast: Breakfast Potatoes
- 227 g red potatoes, cleaned and dried
- 21-28 g vegan butter
- 5 tsp sea salt
- 25 tsp garlic powder
- 25 tsp ground black pepper
- Using microwave to cook the red potatoes for 4-6 minutes (flipping once halfway through)
- Cut cooked potatoes into bite-sized pieces, then put vegan butter onto the hot skillet
- When potatoes are on the skillet, using olive oil to spray the top and using half of the seasonings.
- Keep cooking potatoes on the skillet for 4 minutes, use a fork or spatula to tip the potato over onto its other side to brown evenly.
- After another 3-4 minutes, flip the potatoes on their backsides (skin side down) and season with remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for another 2-4 minutes until crispy and golden brown on all sides.
Lunch: Vegan Crab Cakes
- 425 g heart of palm, drained and rinsed then cut into large chunks
- 425 g, drained and rinsed.
- 425 g artichoke heart, drained and rinsed
- 75 g panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 170 g vegan mayonnaise, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Using food processor to pulse chickpeas, hearts of palm, and artichoke hearts until all ingredients inside are chopped, yet still slightly chunky.
- Transfer mixture out and mix with add 50 g bread crumbs, 55 g vegan mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Form the mixture into 2 cm thick patties.
- Dip each patty in remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat a pan with oil at 180˚C. Fry each patty for 3-6 minutes each side of the patty
- Transfer to paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- For tartar sauce, combine remaining vegan mayo, relish, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in mixing bowl.
- Top the patties with tartar sauce, dill, and lemon juice.
Dinner: Creamy Mushroom Penne
- 220g pasta, cooked
- 280-450g cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thick
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup vegan milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Melting 3 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the sliced mushrooms and garlic and saute for about 10 minutes. Then but 1 tbsp butter in the pan and melting it.
- Stir in the 1 tsp salt and 2 tbsp all purpose flour and stir around the pan for 1 minute to coat the mushrooms and cook out the raw flour taste.
- Pour in the 1 cup heavy cream and ½ cup milk. Simmer lightly until it is thickened.
- Off the heat add the 8 oz cooked pasta and ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese. Stir until the pasta is coated with the sauce and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a green salad and warm bread!