Vegan cruise with The Plantbase Store during Veganuary month on day 29
Your vegan journey with The Plantbase Store has finally arrived on the 29th day. During the day, The Plantbase Store presents you with an exceptionally delicious vegan menu that easily incorporates the ingredients on sale at our store. Goodluck!
Breakfast: Pecan Homemade Muesli
- 1 cup dried tart cherries, roughly chopped
- 4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened large coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Spread the oats evenly on a baking sheet, then place the coconut and pecan pieces (different tray) in another baking sheet layer on the top.
- Place both trays in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove the trays from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the maple syrup and vanilla in a small bowl, then put it in the microwave to heat the bowl for 20 seconds
- Mix the toasted oats, coconut, and pecans with the cherries, spices, and maple mixture until combine. Pour the mixture back onto the baking sheet and spread it into an even layer to allow to fully dry, about 10 minutes. Stir to break up any clumps, then transfer to a sealable container.
- To serve, pour over milk and drizzle with a touch of maple syrup. (For one serving, we used 3/4 cup cereal, 1/2 cup milk, and 2 teaspoons maple syrup.) Adding the maple syrup when serving adds the final bit of sweetness, so adjust as desired. Store in a sealed container or bag in the freezer; it thaws immediately so no need to defrost.
Lunch: Southwestern Pasta Salad
For the vegan Southwestern pasta salad:
- 340g farfalle pasta, cooked and rinsed.
- 1 heaped cup black beans
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into stripes
- 1 avocado, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 3 green onions, cut into rings
For the lime dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 splash agave
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- black pepper
Mixing all ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl then add cooked pasta in as well as others ingredients stir well. Let the salad sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Enjoy!
Dinner: Vegan Japchae Korean noodles
- 170g noodles
- 2-3/4 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 220g fresh spinach
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil; stir in noodles and return to a boil. Cook noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Toss noodles with 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Cut into shorter pieces using kitchen shears.
- Combine soy sauce and sugar in a bowl
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute carrots and onion until soft, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the noodles, soy sauce mixture, and spinach. Cook and stir until noodles are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Toss in remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil and sesame seeds.