Day 30th with the The Plantbase Store in Veganuary month.
The vegan journey with The Plantbase Store is coming to an end, we should not neglect the mission of sending you a nutritious vegan menu. Let's cook fast cooking skills together in the kitchen!
Breakfast: Cucumber Avocado Toast
- Fresh lime juice
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Sourdough bread
- Olive oil
Cucumber Season thinly sliced cucumber with fresh lime juice, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Spread toasted sourdough bread with tahini and top with smashed avocado; season with salt and pepper. Top with cucumber and a drizzle of olive oil.
Lunch: Korean BBQ Tempeh wraps
- 220g block tempeh, slice into strips
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 5 tbs gochujang sauce, divided
- 3 tortillas or wraps
- 3 loose cups chopped lettuce
- ½ a large cucumber, cut into strips
- 3 tbs vegan mayo
- 2 tbs unsalted peanuts
- Toss sliced tempeh in soy sauce and let rest for 5 minutes
- Fry tempeh in a heated large skillet with oil over medium high heat until golden brown on both sides. Then put 2 tbs gochujang sauce and remove from heat.
- Put lettuce on top of each wrap then a third of the cucumber, and a third of the tempeh. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon mayo, and gochujang sauce. Finish the dish with peanuts on top and wrap it.
Dinner: Lemon Rosemary White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, sliced or diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon EACH dried thyme + rosemary
- 420g white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 – 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemons, juice
- salt + pepper
- fresh chopped parsley, to serve
- Saute onion, carrots, and celery for 7 minutes. Then, continue to add garlic, thyme and rosemary and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the white beans, vegetable broth, tahini, salt & pepper. Keep stirring the mixture then reduce heat to low, cover askew, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice and let cool a bit before serving. The broth will thicken upon standing. Season with more salt, pepper or herbs as desired.