Day 21st with The Plantbase Store in Veganuary month
Veganuary is more than halfway through the month, but The Plantbase Store is committed to its loyal customers offering easy-to-make menus that are equally delicious. On this 21st day, let's join The Plantbase store to make delicious dishes below
Breakfast: Chickpea Flour Pancake
- Add all the ingredients in a mixing bowl then slowly add water to achieve a thick pancake batter.
- Scoop the batter into a heated medium pan. Each pancake is need to cook for a few minutes until starting they look dry around the edges and are starting to bubble, flip and cook other side for another minute.
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy.
Lunch: Vegan Italian Pasta Salad
- 450g fusilli pasta
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olive slices
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped, extra for garnish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese cubes, optional
- Cook pasta according to package direction by using a large pot with a pinch of salt. When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water
- Put all dressing ingredients in a jar and start shaking until all of them combined well together.
- Add onion, olive, cucumber, tomato, and salad dressing, mozzarella cubes to the pasta and toss to coat.
- Scoop pasta into small dish and enjoy
Dinner: Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground chipotle chili
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 x 425g cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 4 tsp lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook sweet potato and onion in a heated Dutch oven with vegetable oil for about 4 minutes. Then add garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle and salt and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add water to a Dutch oven to have a simmer mixture. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the sweet potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes and lime juice; increase heat to high and return to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.